Sustainable development is an important consideration for Orapi and as such we have committed to growing our product range with environmentally friendly products. This commitment involves 50% of our new products being environmentally friendly.
‘Sustainable development is the development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own.’ – Brundtland Report, published in 1987 by the United Nations World Commission on Environment and Development.
Social: Satisfying human needs (in terms of health, housing, social integration, consumption, education, etc.) and working towards social justice objectives.
Environment: Preserving, improving and valuing the environment and natural resources in the long term.
Economy: Developing and sustaining economic growth and efficiency to encourage the creation of wealth for all, through sustainable modes of production and consumption.
Only when development takes all three of these pillars into account can it be considered sustainable.
1. Offer our customers sustainable innovative solutions:
- Provide ongoing support to our customers by drawing on our industry expertise.
- Offer digital and online solutions.
- Define and adapt our range of solutions to precisely meet our customer’s needs.
2. Develop and cultivate our employees’ talents:
- Train our employees and help them to advance in their careers.
- Promote diversity and equal opportunity.
- Join our resources.
- Ensure well-being and unity within the company.
- Maintain health and safety.
3. Innovate to protect the environment and people’s health:
- Ensure the long-term viability of ‘responsible’ processes in our factories and production units.
- Ensure our employees’ health and provide them with the best working conditions.
- Offer a unified approach to environmental issues.
- Take action to support eco-friendly modes of transportation.
- Encourage recycling and the use of eco-friendly materials in the design of our product lines.
- Master the use of biotechnology.
- Certify our factories.
4. Commit in societal issues:
- Develop our Orapi Hygiene Foundation.
- Improve hygiene standards around the world.
- Progress: summary of our Foundation’s activities.
- Integration help for people facing challenges.
- Increase our solidarity and support activities.